Scarinci Hollenbeck has a substantial commercial leasing practice as part of the firm’s Real Estate practice group.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is available to assist in every lease transaction, including:
- Negotiating and drafting commercial leases, subleases, operating agreements, estoppel agreements, and subordination agreements
- Providing advice and assistance in exercising options to extend or decrease lease terms
- Dealing with noncompliance with lease terms and lease defaults
Developing and troubleshooting your businesses’ lease forms and lease related issues
- Assisting in asset recovery
- Counseling on lease rejections tied to bankruptcy proceedings
- Handling of lease modifications, extensions, assignments, and assumptions
Our attorneys represent commercial developers, real estate entrepreneurs, corporate institutions and commercial clients in a wide variety of real property leasing transactions. We have many years of experience in the structuring, drafting and negotiation of office, retail, multifamily, industrial and mixed use properties throughout the region. In addition, we counsel clients on ground lease transactions, subleases, farmland use agreements, pad leases and lease assignments and assumptions. We also provide guidance and insight on rights and remedies in connection with lease defaults, lease modifications and extension and termination issues.
We understand both the “art” and “science” of successful leasing transactions. Lease terms and documentation must be clear and the terms must be understood by all parties. Poorly drafted agreements can result in costly and time consuming disputes. Our years of practice allow us to provide an individualized representation experience which focuses on client needs and delivery of a first rate product at an affordable cost.