Real Estate Development & Land Use
Real Estate Development & Land Use – Major Players
Our firm has guided some of the most significant developments in New Jersey and across the country. Working with clients from project conception to completion, our Real Estate Development & Land Use team serves as a single-contact source for the development needs of the real estate industry’s most sophisticated clients.
The firm leverages our strong relationships throughout the real estate industry and local government to keep the wheels of progress moving and bring even the most complex projects to fruition. Our clients include developers, private industrial companies, power development companies, educational institutions, retailers, hospitality companies, and counties and municipalities.
Working alongside our colleagues in other practice areas, we rely on a multidisciplinary approach to reach your business objectives. Our in-depth knowledge allows us to offer a wide range of legal services that include:
- Access, utility, conservation, and reciprocal easements
- Area in Need of Redevelopment designations
- Brownfields redevelopment
- Construction and design contracts
- Economic development strategies
- Environmental concerns, ranging from due diligence to remediation
- Land acquisition and leasing
- Local and county site plan approvals
- Long Term Tax Abatements
- Operating agreements
- Permitting approvals, including wetlands permits
- Partnerships and joint ventures
- Property assemblage
- Redeveloper agreements
- Tax credit and tax-exempt bond financing
- Title and survey review and coordination
- Workable relocation plans
- Zoning analysis/opinions
Thanks to the breadth of their experience, our lawyers are able to anticipate challenges in the development process and resolve them before they become roadblocks. When required, our litigation team stands ready to help our clients resolve land use disputes in and out of court.
Our Real Estate Development & Land Use Attorneys in Action
The work of our Real Estate Development & Land Use attorneys is well-respected throughout the region. In 2018, Donald M. Pepe, Partner and Chair of the firm’s Commercial Real Estate Group, was recognized by the New Jersey Law Journal as one of the Dealmakers of the Year. Our attorneys are also frequently asked to speak on commercial real estate matters, including serving as moderators and panelists at events such as the Annual Leadership Gathering organized by the Jersey City Summit for Real Estate Investment.