Technology & Internet Law – Cutting-Edge Practitioners
Keeping pace with technology is no longer enough. Our attorneys have the knowledge and experience to understand the technologies used by the most innovative companies, as well as the legal issues they face. This allows us to immediately hit the ground running, saving our clients both time and money.
Working collaboratively with a variety of practice groups in our firm, we serve clients in a wide-range of industries, including software and hardware development; fintech, blockchain, and cryptocurrency; artificial intelligence; wireless communications; and medical devices. Our services include:
- General Legal Guidance: Our technology attorneys act as “outsourced general counsel” for technology companies, providing key guidance on issues ranging from corporate governance to product marketing.
- Regulatory Compliance: We help our clients in the tech industry successfully navigate a rapidly evolving regulatory landscape.
- Commercial Transactions: We advise tech companies regarding a myriad of commercial transactions, including IP protection strategies, licensing, manufacturing, distribution, mergers and acquisitions, due diligence investigations, insurance matters, and contract drafting/negotiation. We also assist clients in structuring and negotiating strategic deals.
- Gaming: We represent members of the gaming/esports industry, crafting cutting-edge legal strategies to protect their interests in an increasingly competitive industry.
- Data Privacy and Security: We help companies deploy risk mitigation strategies with regard to data privacy and security compliance, as well as manage the legal and reputational challenges that can result from a data breach.
- Litigation: We are equipped to handle litigation involving complex scientific, medical, and technical issues. Our technology attorneys have experience litigating patent, copyright, and trademark infringement, trade secret misappropriation, and data breach matters.
Every successful business needs a strong online identity. Our firm dedicates an entire intellectual property (IP) practice area to the intersection of domain names and our clients’ IP rights.
We help major brand owners select, procure, protect, and recover domain names. We also take aggressive action against cybersquatters that seek to unfairly capitalize on their success. Our domain name legal services include:
- Recording companies’ trademark portfolios with the Trademark Clearinghouse
- Developing and implementing sunrise registration strategies
- Registering domain names, including advice regarding defensive registrations
- Policing and monitoring of gTLDs for infringing uses of trademarks
- Bringing actions to quickly secure trademark holders’ rights when a registration violates a client’s rights under the Uniform Dispute Resolution Policy
- Recording assignments, mergers, name changes, and security interests
- Bringing civil actions under Anti-Cybersquatting Piracy Act (ACPA)
- Keyword and sponsored link advertising on search engines
- Negotiating domain name transfer agreements and releases