Real Estate – Single-Source Legal Solutions
The volatility of the real estate market creates both challenges and opportunities. Our diverse Real Estate Group is equipped to help our clients navigate whatever comes their way. Relying on a winning combination of business and legal acumen, we assist public, private, and institutional clients in every aspect of the acquisition, development, financing, construction, and utilization of real property assets.
Tailored and Sophisticated Legal Strategies
The Real Estate team helps our clients succeed in today’s unpredictable global real estate market by maximizing opportunities, managing risks, and strategizing for long-term success. We stand apart from our peers by:
- Providing comprehensive legal services: Back by a full-service law firm, our real estate attorneys rely on their diverse backgrounds and in-depth knowledge to provide practical and business-minded solutions to the most complex real estate issues. They also collaborate with members of our Litigation, Environmental, and Bankruptcy teams when necessary to advance our clients’ objectives.
- Demonstrating success in navigating high-stakes transactions: The firm has a proven track record of securing development rights for some of the largest office, retail, industrial, and multi-family development projects in the region. Our attorneys have facilitated three of the five largest development projects in New Jersey history.
- Taking a value-driven approach:The firm works hard to deliver a sophisticated and seasoned level of representation at a reasonable and predictable cost. We also leverage our experience to provide advice on how to maximize profits, minimize expenses, and increase our clients’ bottom lines.
- Having a broad geographic reach: While many of our clients are located in New Jersey and New York, we work with clients throughout the United States and the world. Our team includes attorneys licensed to practice in key jurisdictions; a network of foreign colleagues; and professionals who speak multiple languages, including French, Spanish, and Chinese.
Our Comprehensive Real Estate Practice
Our experience runs the gamut of key real estate and development matters. Whether the property in question is an office building, a retail shopping mall, a planned unit residential development, a warehouse, a hotel, or an industrial facility, and whether you require assistance in buying, leasing, financing, or developing the property, we have the expertise to accomplish your goals.
Our core services include:
- Condominium Formation
- Ground Leases
- Joint Venture Transactions
- Lending (Acquisition, Construction, Loan Modifications)
- License Agreements
- Local and County Site Plan Approvals
- Local Opinions
- Operating Agreements
- Opportunity Zone Transactions
- Real Estate Development (Local/County/State Entitlements)
- Real Estate Leasing (office, retail, industrial)
- Real Estate Sales and Acquisitions
- Redevelopment (Area in Need of Redevelopment Designations, Redeveloper Agreements, Long Term Tax Abatements, Workable Relocation Plans)
- Riparian Leases/Licenses
- Sale Leaseback Transactions
- Wetlands Permitting
- Zoning Analysis/Opinions