Stan Barrett, Counsel, is a member of Scarinci Hollenbeck’s Corporate Transactions & Business Law practice group. Mr. Barrett has over a decade of experience in the areas of Corporate Transactions & Business Law, Litigation, Corporate Compliance and White Collar Criminal defense.
Mr. Barrett devotes his practice to the representation of private clients in a wide range of matters relating to complex litigation, transactional work and securities enforcement defense. Prior to joining the firm, Mr. Barrett was affiliated with a New York, NY law firm where he represented clients in myriad complex litigation and White Collar Criminal Defense matters. Mr. Barrett has regularly advised clients in securities litigations, complex contract disputes, fiduciary duty matters, internal investigations, complex fraud cases, bankruptcy litigation, and much more.
Mr. Barrett received his Juris Doctor, magna cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in Philadelphia, PA. Mr. Barrett earned a Ph.D and M.A. in English Language & Literature from the University of Michigan in Ann Arbor, Michigan and received his undergraduate degree, cum laude, from the University of Pennsylvania where he also majored in English.
- Advised clients on data privacy and data transfer restrictions affecting the review and use of customer data from various European and Asian jurisdictions in the context of civil litigations and U.S. Department of Justice investigations.
- Researched issuer obligations related to data security breaches exposing customer data under the federal securities laws and implications for consequent class action litigations.
- Prepared and negotiated agreements involving data privacy issues.
- Maintains currency with federal and state data privacy regulations and statutes.
News & Events
- University of Pennsylvania Law School (J.D., magna cum laude, 2010)
- University of Michigan (Ph.D., M.A, 2005)
- University of Pennsylvania (B.A., cum laude, 1997)
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- New York