Donald Scarinci is the Founding Partner of Scarinci Hollenbeck. He writes and lectures extensively about Constitutional Law and edits the award-winning, The Constitutional Law Reporter. His practice focuses on representing public institutions and businesses that interact with government.
Mr. Scarinci is well known for his work in Municipal Law, School Law, Business and Health Care law. He has represented some of the largest municipalities and counties in New Jersey, as well as numerous planning and zoning boards, economic development authorities, school boards, utility authorities, colleges, hospitals and other public entities at all levels of municipal, county, regional and state government.
Mr. Scarinci is the author of “David Brearley and the Making of the United States Constitution,” a historical biography about David Brearley, signer of the Constitution from the State of New Jersey and the first Federal District Court Judge for the District of New Jersey (1789). He also authored, “Redistricting and the Politics of Reform,” published in 2010.
In addition to distinguishing himself as an attorney, Mr. Scarinci is recognized internationally as an authority on coins and medallic art. Since 2005 he has served at the pleasure of the Secretary of the Treasury of the United States on the Citizens Coinage Advisory Commission, the committee created by Congress to review and approves all designs that appear on American coinage. His most recent book “Coin of the Year”, Celebrating Three Decades of the Best in Coin Design and Craftsmanship was published by Krause Publications in July, 2015.
|2020 New Jersey Globe Power List||NewJerseyGlobe.com||December 03 2020|
|2019 New Jersey Globe Power List||NewJerseyGlobe.com||December 16, 2019|
|2018 Power List: The top 20 most influential non-elected officials in Hudson County||Hudson County View||December 27, 2018|
- Diplomate in Municipal Law
- Hudson County Bar Association
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Local Government Section, Director, 1994-)
- Pennsylvania Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- New Jersey Institute of Municipal Attorneys
- Citizens Coinage Advisory Commission
- New Jersey State Bar Association’s Continuing Legal Education Advisory Committee
- New Jersey
- New York
- District of Columbia
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of International Trade
- Seton Hall University (JD, 1983)
- New York University (MA in English Language and Literature, 1980)
- Montclair State University (BA, 1978)