John J.D. Burke, Esq. is a member of the firm’s Government & Education law practice group. Mr. Burke also handles various matters related to Litigation. Prior to joining Scarinci Hollenbeck, Mr. Burke was associated with a Union, New Jersey law firm where he primarily focused his practice on litigation.
He handled a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters in the State and Federal courts. He also drafted and managed UDRP complaints, negotiated and drafted release and settlement agreements and served as counsel for several pro bono clients on behalf of the firm.
- Extensive experience drafting briefs and coordinating motion practice strategy as well as taking discovery.
- Deposed witnesses and prepared outlines and exhibits for depositions and hearings.
- Drafted and managed UDRP complaints and the subsequent transfer of over 30 infringing domain names.
- Negotiated and drafted releases and settlement agreements.
- Obtained $57,000 default judgment in breach of contract matter and secured payment from judgment debtor.
- Served as counsel for four pro bono clients on behalf of the firm, including appearing at pretrial conferences and negotiating plea agreements.