Mr. Yarem, concentrates a large part of his practice to Construction Law and Solid Waste and Recycling Law. Mr. Yarem was general counsel to a solid waste company and currently serves as Chair of the New Jersey Solid Waste Utility Attorneys’ Committee. Throughout his career, Mr. Yarem has handled significant commercial litigation, particularly in protecting the rights of creditors. Mr. Yarem has successfully handled the largest commercial foreclosures ever litigated in the counties of Monmouth ($46 Million) and Bergen ($42 Million).
- Successfully handled $46 million contested foreclosure on behalf of the owners of a country club – the largest foreclosure ever litigated in Monmouth County.
- Successfully handled $42 million contested foreclosure on behalf of development company – the largest foreclosure ever litigated in Bergen County.
- Obtained $13 million judgment against developer for breach of agreement for commissions.
- Represented solid waste company in $48 million rate proceeding. Defended $5 million reimbursement claim against company by governmental agency – resulted in $7 million additional award in favor of company against governmental agency. Persuaded Court to adopt novel rate making methodology never previously utilized by the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities.
- Defended solid waste company against suit for contract reformation and declaratory relief instituted by governmental agency. Obtained $2.78 million settlement award for company.
- Successfully defended $4 million construction contract claim against trucking company. Obtained $400,000 arbitration award in favor of trucking company.
- Prevented governmental agency from exercising eminent domain against property of solid waste company in separate proceedings in Superior Court and before the Department of Environmental Protection.
- Successfully enforced solid waste company’s service agreements, and recovered liquidated damages for breaches of service agreements.
- Collection of accounts receivable on behalf of various businesses with extraordinary success rate.
- Seton Hall University School of Law -(J.D., cum laude, 1979)
- Kean University (BA, cum laude, 1973)
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- US District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Additional Information
- Chair, New Jersey Solid Waste Utility Attorneys’ Committee
- Member, National Solid Waste Management Association
- Member, New Jersey Business and Industry Association