Albert J. Soler is a Partner in the New York office of Scarinci Hollenbeck in the Entertainment and Intellectual Property practice. Albert brings extensive experience to a variety of practice areas and provides effective and cutting-edge legal representation to clients in entertainment, music, film, television, media, sports, fashion, advertising, intellectual property, and litigation. Albert is a frequent speaker and legal analyst in the ever-evolving fields of entertainment, celebrity, and intellectual property and has been featured in Wired, NPR News, Fox News, and other entertainment news outlets and publications.
Intellectual Property and Entertainment
Albert’s practice covers a wide range of intellectual property and entertainment disciplines, including entertainment and commercial litigation, artificial intelligence, domestic and international trademark registration and enforcement, copyrights, music royalty disputes and recovery, recording and band agreements, sponsorship agreements, proceedings before the United States Patent & Trademark Office (USPTO), licensing and merchandising, and more. Albert’s clients transact in a variety of industries, including sports, entertainment, music, fashion, television, and film. Albert has had the pleasure of representing notable clients, including:
- Brian Westbrook of the Philadelphia Eagles
- Grammy-nominated music producer and artist Havoc of the Infamous Mobb Deep
- Fredro Starr and the seminal hip-hop group Onyx
- Erick Sermon of hip-hop legends EPMD
- The Captain Paul Watson Foundation and Neptunes Navy
- Hip-hop group The Lost Boyz (Mr. Cheeks, Spigg Nice, and Pretty Lou)
- Deep Concepts Media Group
- Music producer Leshan “DJ L.E.S.” Lewis
- Hip-hop artists Big Noyd and Cormega
- Pop singer and Beat Street Entertainment artist Bella Lyseé
- Music festival producer Old Music Group
- Hip-hop pioneer E-40
- Social media’s Vookum Media
- Tyrone “T-Money” Kelsie of Yo! MTV Raps fame
- America’s Got Talent Winner Bianca Ryan
- MMA fighters Jonavin “Spider” Webb and Eddy “Taino Warrior” Torres
- Galileo Films
- Celebrity designer Brian Lichtenberg
- Premier affordable housing leader The Michaels Organization
- Twin products innovators Stuff 4 Multiples LLC
- Public figure and entrepreneur Terri Matthews
- Luxury wheel manufacturer VMR
- Luxury jewelry designer Anne Sisteron Fine Jewelry
- Clothing designer Urth Apparel
- Bira 91 Beverages
- Collectibles leader The Raab Collection
Albert regularly counsels clients in a variety of litigation matters including dispute resolution, federal and state lawsuits, negotiation, arbitration, mediation, trademark & copyright litigation, opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial & Appeal Board, defamation and right of publicity actions, product disparagement, commercial litigation, and more. Albert has represented clients in numerous corporate, commercial, and securities matters including breach of contract disputes, investigations by government and regulatory agencies, corporate compliance, and more.
Corporate & Business Transactions
Albert has represented clients in a wide variety of commercial, business transactions, and corporate transactions and counsels a variety of individuals, organizations, companies, start-ups, non-profits, and entrepreneurs in all aspects of business operations from formation, drafting of agreements, drafting contracts, compliance, equity financing, commercial transactions, licensing & merchandising deals, artist agreements, recording agreements, and more.
Albert is a legal media analyst and has appeared on television and radio programs, including appearances on Fox 29’s Good Day Philadelphia and Pedro Biaggi’s live radio show “Encendio” from Washington D.C. Albert is also a frequent speaker on expert panels, symposiums, and a variety of industry events, including The Knowledge Group’s presentation entitled “Mitigating Risks of Defamation Litigation: Best Practices for Internal Investigations” and The University of Pennsylvania Law School’s Journal of Business Law Symposium entitled “Innovation and Legal Frontiers.” Albert has also been featured in Wired, NPR News, and other entertainment publications and news outlets.
In addition to his legal practice, Albert is the founder of Beat Street Entertainment (BSE), record label Beat Street Music Group (BSMG), and the upcoming “Got Beats® Music & Entertainment Conference,” a conference and seminar addressing the law and business of music. Albert is an avid music producer and is dedicated Mr. Soler has been to supporting artists and creatives in all aspects of entertainment, music, film, and television.
Albert received his undergraduate degree from the University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1997 and his law degree from the University of Pennsylvania Law School in 2003. Albert is bilingual (English and Spanish) and is a member of the New York, New Jersey, and Pennsylvania bars. Albert is admitted in the U.S. District Courts for the Southern District of New York, the Eastern District of New York, Eastern District of Pennsylvania, and the District of New Jersey.