Junjuan Song, Of Counsel, is a member of Scarinci Hollenbeck’s Commercial Real Estate and Corporate Transactions & Business Law practice groups. She focuses her practice on the representation of financial institutions, developers, entrepreneurial and corporate clients, individual and institutional investors in a wide variety of matters including mortgage financing, commercial project acquisitions and sales, commercial leasing and other transactional matters.
Ms. Song is a bilingual attorney, fluent in both English and Mandarin Chinese. She is recognized regionally as one of few Chinese transactional attorneys dually licensed in the State of New York and New Jersey.
Born and raised in Dalian, China, Ms. Song received her LL.B (Bachelor of Law) and B.A. (Legal English Translation and Interpretation) from East China University of Political Science and Law. She later received her LL.M. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Law and her J.D. from the University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law, where she was put on Dean’s List and was a recipient of Outstanding Oral Argument as a foreigner.
Ms. Song is dedicated to serving the community. As such, she has provided hundreds of hours of pro bono legal services over the past few years, which has included gaining asylum for a Somali doctor who fled his country after refusing the forced recruitment of the militant group al-Shabaab.
Ms. Song also is certified by the New York State Unified Court System as a Court Interpreter.
Acquisition and Disposition Transactions
- Represented large REIT in acquisition of multiple New Jersey shopping plazas, with a total consideration of $180 million.
- Represented large Joint Venture in 12 acquisitions and dispositions of multiple New Jersey and New York commercial properties and multi-family rental properties, with a total consideration of $50 million.
- Represented large REIT in over 15 acquisitions and dispositions of multiple New Jersey multifamily rental properties, with a total consideration of $20 million.
- Represented large REIT in Rockland County, New York for a refinance of $35 million.
Financing Institution Transactions
- Served as counsel to Bank of New Jersey in mortgage loan financing for multiple new construction loans and refinances.
Leasing Transactions and Sale of Business
- Represented franchising restaurants in acquisition of new business.
- Represented several Joint Ventures and/or REITs in shopping plaza space leasing, including leases to national and regional grocery stores, banking institutions, auto dealerships, national auto service franchise, national food franchise, local restaurants and spas, etc.
- Represented retailers in leasing space from national and local shopping plazas.
Commercial Real Estate Development Deals
- Represented regional construction company, in construction of over 20 New Jersey condominiums and/or multi-family properties.
- Advised and assisted clients with application of NJ home building registration and procurement of Home Owner Warranties. IP Infringement Settlement Deals
- Represented client to enter into post-judgment settlement with major motorcycle manufacturer. Reduced judgment demand of $1 million to a settlement of $25,000.
- Represented multiple clients in settlement with global fashion brands and US designers for trademark infringements.
- Represented and advised client in reaction to Cease and Desist Letter from major global camera manufacturer.
Immigration Petitions and Applications
- Represented Forbes Global 200 company in immigrant petition for its multinational executive.
- Represented Ivy League scientists and professors in immigrant petition for Green Card.
News & Events
News & Events
- New Jersey
- New York
- University of Arizona, James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D.)
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, School of Law (LL.M.)
- East China University of Political Science and Law (B.A. & LL.B.)