Ramon Rivera is a Partner at Scarinci Hollenbeck and chairs the firm’s labor and employment practice group. Ramon focuses much of practice on labor and employment matters in both the public and private sectors on behalf of management.
Specifically, Ramon focuses on resolution of employment disputes, collective bargaining, employee grievances, EEOC complaints and other workplace issues. Ramon represents several municipalities as Labor Counsel, wherein he provides legal advice and representation on employment matters, collective bargaining, employee grievances and a multitude of workplace issues. Ramon has represented numerous municipalities and public entities both as General Counsel and Special Counsel in various areas of the law. Ramon also represents numerous Boards of Education as Board Counsel and in labor matters, tenure hearings, collective bargaining negotiations and related matters.
Ramon also has significant experience in government relations in New Jersey. Having worked closely on both municipal and state elections, Mr. Rivera has forged relationships with many elected officials and legislators throughout the State.
Ramon is a member of the Executive Committee of the Section on Labor & Employment of the New Jersey State Bar Association. Ramon was named in the August 2007 New Jersey Law Journal as one of the “Top 40 Lawyers Under 40” in New Jersey. He is admitted to practice law in New Jersey. Mr. Rivera has been practicing law for 15 years and has been with the firm for about 12 years.
The Super Lawyers list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html. No aspect of this advertisement has been approved by the Supreme Court of New Jersey.
- Rutgers University Law School (JD, 2000)
- Wesleyan University (BA, 1995)
- New Jersey
- New Jersey State Bar Association (Member of the Executive Committee of the Section on Labor & Employment, Member of the Minorities in the Professional Section)
- Essex County Bar Association (Labor and Employment Section, Scholarship Committee, Board Member of the Young Lawyers Division)
- Union County Bar Association
- Sidney Reitman Labor and Employment Law American Inn of Court