John is a registered patent attorney and an associate a Scarinci Hollenbeck. LLC where he represents clients in diverse areas of technology and advising them on intellectual property protection matters. His practice includes all facets of intellectual property law with concentrations in patent and trademark prosecution and enforcement. He has helped to develop and maintain national and international patent and trademark portfolios. John holds a J.D. from New York Law School and a Bachelor of Science in Electrical engineer/Computer Science from Polytechnic University. Prior to becoming an attorney, John had experience as a working engineer in a broad range of technologies including software development, storage area networks, media transcoding and distribution systems, and data networks.
- Substantial experience in all aspects of national and international patent prosecution including utility and design patent application drafting and filing, office action responses, and Examiner interviews.
- Patentability and infringement searches and opinions covering a variety of technology sectors including electronic, medical, mechanical, software, and business methods.
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board practice experience.
- Substantial experience with trademark clearance searches, filings, prosecution, enforcement and co-existence negotiations and agreements.
- Trademark Trial and Appeal Board practice experience.
- Intellectual Property litigation experience.
- Substantial experience negotiating and drafting intellectual property agreements.
|Title||Electronic and Software Patent Law and Practice, Guidelines to Software-Related Inventions, 3rd Edition|
- New York Law School (JD, 2007)
- Polytechnic Institute of New York University (B.S. 1995)
- New York, 2008
- U.S. Patent and Trademark Office, 2008