Harvey R. Poe has been advising clients on tax and estate tax matters for more than four decades. Throughout his career, he has actively participated in more than 1200 federal and state criminal and civil income and estate tax cases. Mr. Poe acts as counsel for litigants, and represents taxpayers before administrative tribunals in connection with such matters as corporations, pass-through entities, trusts and estates, and on transactional-based matters. He also handles all aspects of client financial, family and tax matters, including gift and tax planning, and corporate tax matters.
Before entering into private practice in the 1970s, Mr. Poe served as a Trial Attorney for the Regional Counsel’s Office of the Internal Revenue Service.
In addition to practicing law, Mr. Poe is an author and lecturer. Among his publications, he authored "Irrevocable Trusts," Estate Planning Techniques Handbook, Institute of Continuing Legal Education, 1978. He is a frequent lecturer for the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education. His lectures have included "Practice in U.S. Tax Court," 1979 and "1981 Economic Recovery Act," 1981, Institute of Continuing Legal Education.
- New York University School of Law (LL.M., 1974)
- Brooklyn Law School (J.D., 1969)
- State University of New York at Buffalo (B.S., 1966)
- New Jersey
- New York
- United States Tax Court
- United States District Courts in New Jersey
- Southern District Court of New York
- Eastern District Court of New York
- United States Claims Court
- Second Circuit Court of Appeals
- Third Circuit Court of Appeals
- Supreme Court of the United States
- New Jersey Bar Association
- Essex and Morris County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- AV Preeminent Rating ®-Martindale-Hubbell® 2014