David A. Einhorn, Chair of the firm’s Technology Law practice group, has obtained successes in many prominent and precedent-setting cases in the fields of patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, cybersquatting, trade name misappropriation and insurance coverage. He handles diverse matters in intellectual property and technology areas involving patents, trademarks, service marks, trade dress, copyrights and domain names. He has solid expertise in drafting and negotiating intellectual property license agreements in various fields of technology and the arts. He frequently serves as an arbitrator for the National Arbitration Forum with respect to domain name cases, and also lectures on licensing and domain name issues.
Mr. Einhorn frequently litigates before the federal courts, the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board, and the Patent Trial and Appeal Board. Has obtained successes in many prominent and precedent-setting cases in the fields of patent infringement, trademark infringement, copyright infringement, cybersquatting, trade name misappropriation and insurance coverage. His clients include companies in the chemical, green energy, biotech, software, commercial real estate, entertainment, pet toy, jewelry and medical industries.
- Columbia University Law School, J.D.
- Columbia College, B.A.
- New York
- District of Columbia
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Trademark Internet Committee (Chairman 2016-2018)
- Software Copyrights Subcommittee (Chairman)
- Intellectual Property Owners Association
- ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency representative
- Domain Names and Social Media Committee (Vice-Chair)
- IPO Representative to Intellectual Property Association’s Leader Group
- Internet Corporation of Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
- Intellectual Property Constituency Membership Committee
- AIPLA Representative (2016 to 2018)
- IPO Representative (2014 to 2018)
- New York Intellectual Property Law Association Copyright Committee (Former Chair)
- American Bar Association
- Arbitration Membership Committee (co-chair, 2017-2018)
- Former ICANN Intellectual Property Constituency representative
- Broadcasting, Sound Recordings, and Performing Artists Committee (Former Chair)
- The Chemists Club (Board Member)
Accolades and Honors
- Who’s Who in America
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Martindale-Hubbell: AV Preeminent