Alyssa K. Weinstein is a member of Scarinci Hollenbeck’s Government & Education Law practice. Ms. Weinstein has nearly two decades of experience defending public and private clients against claims alleging employment discrimination, whistleblower retaliation, constitutional violations, product liability, professional liability, premises liability, Laidlow liability, contractual indemnification, and more.
Ms. Weinstein has successfully defended numerous public school boards, school administrators, and charter schools in a myriad of matters including student civil rights and constitutional claims, student discipline/plagiarism/HIB, School Ethics Commission complaints, and more. She also has specialized expertise in Title 59 (Tort Claims Act), Title 18A (tenure, transfer, nonrenewal, increment withholding, etc.), CEPA, and special education matters.
Ms. Weinstein earned her Juris Doctor from Rutgers Law School and earned her undergraduate degree from Rutgers University, where she majored in Political Science.
- Rutgers University School of Law (J.D., 1998)
- Rutgers University (B.A., 1995)
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Additional Information
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Claims Litigation Management Alliance
- New Jersey Self Insurers Association
- New Jersey Defense Association
- National Association of Women Lawyers