David L. Blank
Mónica E. de los Ríos
Sean D. Dias
Shana T. Don
Jessica F. Gonzalez
Michael A. Jimenez
Victor E. Kinon
Craig A. Long
Patrick J. Mcnamara
Laura M. Miller
Jason T. Mushnick
Ramon E. Rivera
John M. Scagnelli
Roshan D. Shah
William C. Sullivan, Jr.
Kurt M Watkins
Our approach to public law, together with our diversity of experience, allows us to provide our clients with comprehensive and cost effective services across several disciplines of public sector law practice.
The legal issues facing public entities today continue to increase in complexity and significance. At the same time, budgetary constraints require that our public sector clients become increasingly sensitive to all public expenditures, including the cost of securing competent legal representation.
With these issues in mind, we have developed our public law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our public sector clients in a cost-effective and professional manner. We apply this approach in our work on the behalf of the numerous public sector clients we represent.
We are proud of the high level of recognition our public practice has achieved throughout the State. Over the years, the firm has had the opportunity of working with some of the largest municipalities and counties in the State, as well as school districts, numerous planning and zoning boards, economic development authorities, utility authorities, and other public entities at every level of municipal, county and state government.
Our approach to public sector practice, together with our diversity of experience, allows us to provide our clients with comprehensive and cost effective services across several disciplines of public law practice.
Areas of Service
Our public law practice is comprised of several, specialized sub-groups which focus on particular areas of public entity representation. Some of these areas include
- Public bidding;
- Contracting and related procurements;
- Secondary, higher and specialized education;
- The defense of tax appeals before county tax boards and in the New Jersey Tax Court;
- Labor and employment matters;
- Every aspect of education law, including:
- Providing advice and counsel on all matters verbally and in writing within 24 hours, when needed and generally return telephone calls within the hour;
- Providing advisory opinions and legal research when requested;
- Preparing legal documents;
- Attending Board meetings, committee meetings or meetings with third parties;
- Providing written legal opinions when requested;
- Reviewing and Preparing Board resolutions and motions, policies and regulations;
- Initiating or defending lawsuits at the discretion of the Board;
- Representing the Board in judicial and administrative proceedings where the district, board members, administrators or agents may be a party or have an interest;
- Reviewing and advising the district in areas of service contract, procurement, bidding specifications and bidding matters, contract preparation and remedies for contractual disputes;
- Working cooperatively with legal counsel of insurance companies, and providing assurance statements as requested for bonding matters and financial audits; and
- Providing advice and representation on every other matter assigned by the Board.
- Tenure dismissals
- Bullying hearings
- Residency Disputes
- Urban redevelopment;