The attorneys in our Intellectual Property (“IP”) group handle the full spectrum of Intellectual Property (IP) matters. We assist clients nationally and throughout the world by securing, enforcing, and leveraging intellectual property rights wherever needed and however possible.
Intellectual Property – Full Range of Legal Tools
Intellectual property (IP) can be the most important asset of a business. IP is an umbrella term that defines a number of legal rights — patents, trademarks, copyrights, name and likeness rights, trade secrets, goodwill and know-how — that can provide a significant competitive advantage to your company over its competitors.
Our IP attorneys are equipped to handle virtually every type of intellectual property and technology matter. While many firms provide some general IP services, our attorneys provide perhaps the broadest spectrum of intellectual property advice, procurement, and enforcement of IP rights in the country – from hard IP, such as patents and trade secrets, to soft IP, such as trademark and brand protection to copyright protection and exploitation.
Our IP team consists of attorneys with backgrounds in science and engineering to media and entertainment of all types. We have represented some of the largest national corporations down to medium-sized and small businesses, to start-ups.
Our Expansive IP Law Experience
Relying on decades of shared experience, our IP team possesses the legal knowledge, technological acumen, and business savvy needed to develop innovative solutions for all of your IP issues. We stand apart from our peers by:
- Delivering tailored, cost-effective solutions that achieve your business goals.
- Providing wide-ranging IP services that protect all of your valuable IP assets at home and abroad.
- Having a deep understanding of the unique IP issues encountered in niche industries, such as pharmaceuticals, software, heavy industry, fashion, entertainment, music and the arts, and much more.
- Demonstrating a strong track record of success, which includes precedential court rulings, hundreds of IP awards, and a client roster of well-known companies, artists, and owners of creative content.
- Leveraging the resources and capabilities of a full-service law firm.
Putting Our IP Experience to Work for You
We deeply understand that protecting your valuable IP rights can be of significant value to your business’s success. The attorneys in our Intellectual Property Group handle the full spectrum of IP matters in a cost-effective manner. We assist clients by securing, enforcing, and leveraging their IP rights in state, federal, and international jurisdictions. Our legal services include:
- Anti-Counterfeiting Strategies
- Assignment of IP Rights
- Copyright Registration
- Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Matters
- Domain Name Disputes
- False Advertising/Lanham Act Disputes
- International IP Protection
- IP Audits
- Licensing Transactions
- Mergers & Acquisitions
- Portfolio Development & Management
- Rights of Publicity
- Royalty Disputes
- Sponsorship & Endorsement Agreements
- Technology Transactions
- Trademarks (Obtaining, Maintaining, Monitoring & Enforcing)
- Trade Secret Issues
- Patents (Prosecution & Enforcement)
- Unfair Competition Claims