The lawyers comprising the Financing group at Scarinci Hollenbeck provide sophisticated counseling and result-oriented representation to clients both large and small in a great variety of financing transactions.
The attorneys in the financing group focus on delivering practical and cost effective legal services of the highest quality to international, national and regional banks, local lenders, institutional and private investors, entrepreneurs, developers, and real estate owners and operators of all types.
Our clients also rely on us to provide practical advice as to various rights and remedies which may exist for document covenant violations and loan defaults. In instances where loan problems cannot be resolved amicably, our lawyers work with our skilled litigators in the prosecution of foreclosure actions, as well as note collection suits and guarantor litigation.
Areas of Service
We regularly represent clients in:
- Permanent and term financing transactions for commercial, industrial, and residential projects,
- Leasehold financing matters,
- Loan participations,
- Subordinated loan financings,
- Business capital loans,
- Assignment and assumption transactions,
- Loan modifications and extensions,
- Loan workout transactions,
- Personal property asset based financings,
- Condominium and cooperative loans,
- and intra-family loans.
Such representation includes the drafting, review, and negotiation of loan documents, assembly and review of due diligence materials, counseling on the many issues raised in the financing process, resolution of title insurance issues, and completion of all tasks necessary for closing.