Insurance Recovery & Liability
Scarinci Hollenbeck’s insurance recovery and liability attorneys work with policyholders and their captive insurance companies, national and regional insurance carriers, reinsurers, brokers, and agents. We have both the technical knowledge and first-hand experience to handle virtually every matter, ranging from the routine to the very complex.
Scarinci Hollenbeck assists policyholders and their captive insurers in addressing potentially covered liabilities and coverage issues and disputes through coverage opinions, negotiation, arbitration, mediation, and — if necessary — litigation. Our attorneys have directly assisted policyholders and their captive insurers in recovering more than $1 billion in insurance assets.
We have extensive experience in coverage matters that encompass virtually every type of policy and insured industry. Our attorneys have pursued claims associated with a wide range of insurance policies, including General Liability, Employment Liability, Fiduciary Liability, Product Liability, Directors and Officers, Errors and Omissions, Surety and Performance Bond, Property and Casualty, Marine, and Business Auto. We counsel and assist clients who are preparing and proving claims, responding to reservations of rights and denials of coverage letters, providing information in response to carrier demands, and negotiating claims.
We have significant experience in reviewing and negotiating the wording of negotiated endorsements, assessing insurance policy assets in regard to corporate and bond transactions, and assisting clients in meeting related regulatory requirements.
We also represent policyholders in the underlying claims and litigation.
Our Technology Law Group handles insurance coverage matters on issues such as:
- Advertising Injury
- Copyright Infringement
- Trademark Infringement
- Patent Infringement
- Trade Dress (Packaging) Infringement
- Misappropriation of Trade Secrets and Confidential Information
- Business interruption
- Directors and Officers/Corporate governance
Through its New York and New Jersey offices, the group’s attorneys have represented national and international clients, in proceedings venued in state and federal courts, in arbitrations and in mediations.
Areas of Service
- Advertising Injury and Intellectual Property Coverage Disputes
- Business Interruption Coverage Disputes
- Class Action Insurance Coverage
- Construction and Construction Defect Coverage Disputes
- Computers and Information Technology Coverage
- Errors and Omissions and Malpractice Coverage Disputes
- Directors and Officers Coverage
- Insurance Coverage for Disasters
- Employment Liability Coverage Disputes
- General Liability Coverage
- Environmental Coverage
- Fiduciary Insurance
- Franchise Related Insurance Coverage
- Hospital Insurance Coverage
- Insurance Broker Malpractice Disputes
- International Insurance Arbitrations
- Liability/Mass Tort Insurance Coverage Disputes
- Marine Insurance Dispute
- Product Liability Coverage
- Reinsurance and Captive Coverage Disputes
- Retrospective Rating Premium Disputes
- Surety and Financial Products Coverage Disputes
- Worker’s Compensation
- Total Loss Coverage
Latest News & Articles
Please fill out our short form to get the latest articles from the Scarinci Hollenbeck attorneys weekly on the cutting-edge legal topics.