Donald works closely with business executives and in-house counsel to develop strategies for targeting acquisitions, land purchase negotiations, managing and evaluating feasibility studies, representing corporate interests before local, state and federal approval authorities, and securing land use and administrative approvals.
Mr. Pepe has considerable experience securing development approvals and closing commercial real estate transactions. Since joining the firm, Mr. Pepe has negotiated and drafted a broad range of agreements pertaining to the acquisition and sale of property, financing and leasing, commercial and residential condominium formation and management, municipal and private development agreements, development grants and incentives, easements and operating agreements – across multiple property types, including office, retail, industrial and residential.
Throughout his career, Mr. Pepe has developed relationships with a number of prominent New Jersey planners, architects, engineers and other development professionals whose practices are complimentary and allow Mr. Pepe to offer a single-contact source for the development needs of the most demanding developer clients.
A graduate of Rutgers University School of Law, Mr. Pepe is an active member of the International Council of Shopping Centers, New Jersey Builders Association, Shore Builders Association, and the Monmouth Ocean Development Council.
- Representation of a national developer in connection with the leasing and parcel sale of a 57 acre shopping center in Burlington County, New Jersey involving national big-box retailers
- Representation of an energy company in connection with the acquisition of property rights necessary to deliver power from the company’s power station in New Jersey to a location in New York City
- Service as a court appointed trustee in a partnership dissolution action related to the management, leasing and sale of shopping centers located in Washington State;
- Representation of the seller in connection with a $72 million acquisition of a regional, indoor shopping mall
- Representation of a lender with respect to a $14 million construction loan for the construction of single-family homes in New Jersey
- Representation of a big-box retailer in three states in connection with the leasing and development of over 3,000,000 square feet of property and the acquisition of land and development of over 1,500,000 square feet of retail space
- Representation of a residential developer in securing land use approvals for construction of 130 town houses in Newark, New Jersey
- Representation of a nationally recognized not-for-profit in acquiring and securing development approvals for the construction of affordable housing throughout the State of New Jersey
- Representation of a developer in connection with securing a use variance and land use approvals for construction of a retail center with 270,000 square feet of retail and 110,000 square feet of office space; and representation of a developer in connection with securing tax incentives and drafting a PILOT agreement for a thirty (30) year abatement for property taxes in Jersey City.
|2 new high-rise projects approved for area outside Holland Tunnel||NJ.com||May 20, 2020|
|Developers shop for standout stores, restaurants in race to draw crowds||rew-online.com||November 27, 2019|
|Gupta Development Buys Second Property at Former Military Ocean Terminal||The City of Bayonne NJ||December 14, 2018|
|Young Lawyers Transitioning Out of Big Law||Law Practice Today||August 12, 2016|
|5-Story Jersey City Building Approved, Despite Neighbors' Objections||NJ.com||April 11, 2016|
|Industrial Park On Road To Renewal||The Observer Online||July 8, 2014|
News & Events
News & Events
- New Jersey State Bar Association
- Monmouth County Bar Association
- International Council of Shopping Centers
- New Jersey Builders Association
- Shore Builders Association
- Board of Directors, Monmouth Ocean Development Council
- New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- Rutgers University School of Law (JD, cum laude, 2001)
- Montclair State University, (BA, cum laude, 1998)