Dan's areas of expertise include issues pertaining to federal and state Hazard Communication and Right-to-Know requirements, occupational safety and health issues, asbestos requirements, and underground storage tank regulations. Dan is also well versed in issues pertaining to environmental permitting, environmental auditing, environmental insurance, and the environmental aspects of commercial real estate and business transactions. Dan is Secretary of the New Jersey State Bar Association Environmental Law Section and serves on a variety of committees and boards, including the New Jersey Commerce and Industry Association’s Environmental Business Council steering committee.
Dan also leads a Cannabis Law practice group comprised of attorneys from several of our practices. Dan has represented entities seeking to obtain medical cannabis dispensary licenses, and he has a thorough knowledge of current Federal and state medical and adult-use cannabis law and proposed cannabis legislation. Dan regularly authors articles and presents at business events regarding the emerging cannabis industry, and he is a member of the New Jersey CannaBusiness Association and an Editor of the Cannabis Law Journal.
Dan was selected as a New Jersey Super Lawyer Rising Star each year from 2011-2015. Dan graduated cum laude from Pace University School of Law in 2001, where he earned certificates in both Environmental Law and International Law. During law school, he worked in the Office of the Staff Judge Advocate General at the United States Military Academy at West Point and also practiced law as a student attorney in the Pace Law School Environmental Litigation Clinic. In addition, he was a member of the law school’s Environmental Law Review, chaired Pace University's 2001 National Environmental Moot Court Competition, and led the law school's team in the 2001 International Environmental Moot Court Competition. Dan previously earned his Bachelor’s degree in Government and International Studies from the University of Notre Dame, and he is an Eagle Scout.
- Pace University School of Law (JD, cum laude, 2001)
- University of Notre Dame (B.A. 1997)
- New Jersey
- United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
- District of Columbia
- New York
- Director, New Jersey State Bar Association, Environmental Law Section
- Top Lawyers In Bergen County, 201 Magazine, 2015-2016
- New Jersey Rising Star, New Jersey Super Lawyers magazine, 2011-2015
- Member, NJSBA Renewable Energy, Cleantech and Climate Change Committee
- Steering Comittee Member, Environmental Business Council, Commerce and Industry Association of New Jersey (CIANJ)
- Secretary, NJSBA Environmental Law Section, 2017-2018