About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 50 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
Reporting to the Environmental Partner this role will be responsible to provide professional legal counsel in a leading and supervisory role in one or more of the areas of the firm’s environmental practice, including litigation, permitting, land use, redevelopment, regulatory compliance, and transactional support. This role will require first chair experience in environmental litigation in state and federal courts.
- Act as an advocate and advisor concerning legal rights and obligations and recommend best practices and courses of action related to environmental issues.
- Assist firm transactional counsel in conducting due diligence related to potential transactions and otherwise providing environmental and zoning guidance to transactional counsel as requested.
- Monitor legislative developments and advise clients with respect to the potential impact of pending legislation on their business.
- Prepare, file and advocate for applications for local, county, state and federal environmental and land use permits and/or approvals.
- Represent clients in litigation related to environmental issues in state and federal courts and in administrative hearings.
- Represent clients in matters related to regulatory compliance, including guidance to ensure compliance and defense against allegations of non-compliance.
- Supervise and train junior attorneys in the environmental practice area, including developing litigation skills, writing skills, making public appearances, efficient time management and ethical conduct.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Required Skills:
- Admitted to practice law in the State of New Jersey required.
- Admitted to practice in law in the State of New York a plus.
- 5+ years’ legal experience as an Environmental Law attorney representing clients on a variety of environmental matters.
- First chair experience in environmental litigation in state and federal courts.
- Environmental dispute resolution and arbitration experience
- Ability to handle multiple matters on an on-going basis.
- Enthusiastic work attitude
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent legal research, writing, and presentation skills, and high professional standards
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Existing client relationships and portable business.
- Proficiency in applicable computer programs (Lexis, Westlaw, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Self-motivated and entrepreneurial.
- Uses the utmost discretion regarding sensitive company and confidential client information
- Little Falls, NJ; Red Bank, NJ; NYC, New York.
- Salary negotiated based on years’ experience and portable book of business.
We offer benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), onsite fitness center, plus the potential for commission.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Resume and cover letter may be submitted through our career portal or sent to email@example.com.