Robert A. Marsico is a real estate and commercial transactions lawyer with more than 30 years of legal experience.
He represents a wide variety of financial institutions, corporate and entrepreneurial clients in the areas of mortgage financing, commercial project acquisitions and sales, commercial leasing and other business transactions. He has extensive experience representing clients in the negotiation, drafting and closing of commercial mortgage financing transactions, term loans, construction financing, loan participations, loan workouts and financial restructuring.
Mr. Marsico has negotiated and drafted a wide variety of real property leases and subleases, including long and short term industrial, office, retail and residential. He represents clients in commercial and institutional ground leasing transactions, warehousing agreements, and farmland leasing arrangements. He also counsels and assists clients in connection with the extension, modification and renegotiation of existing leases and subleases, as well as with questions arising from the interpretation of leasing documents and disputes arising therefrom. He has represented a large number of entities and individuals before municipal bodies in connection with zoning and land use applications.
Mr. Marsico has also advised real estate developers and commercial end users in connection with the construction and renovation of office buildings, industrial facilities, apartment buildings and warehouse properties, from required permitting, to land acquisition, to construction contracts through project completion. He has represented property managers of commercial, industrial and multifamily resident facilities in addressing the myriad of issues which are part of the management function. Furthermore, he has provided general corporate and real estate related counseling to numerous individuals, limited liability companies, partnerships and corporations on a great number of diverse matters, including business contract negotiations, leasing strategies, easement negotiation and drafting, landlord-tenant disputes, farmland assessment qualification and renewal, private loan transactions, intra-familial property transfers, business acquisitions and sales, co-operative and condominium (both residential and commercial) acquisitions and sales, representation of institutional lenders in the drafting of forms of commercial loan documentation, and real property tax appeals.
Mr. Marsico is a member of the American Bar Association and the New Jersey State Bar Association. He has lectured and written on numerous real estate topics for the Graduate Realtors Institute, the National Business Institute and the New Jersey Mortgage Bankers Association. Mr. Marsico has served as a member of both the Zoning Board of Adjustment and the Planning Board for the Borough of Wood-Ridge, Bergen County, New Jersey, with a term as chairman of each entity.
- Representation of a national commercial institution as lead lender and administrative agent in making of a mullt-iparty ground lease based construction/permanent mortgage loan on a multi-use residential/commercial facility in northern New Jersey.
- Representation of a family LLC in the acquisition of a large warehouse property in Hudson County, NJ.
- Representation of private trust in the acquisition of an extensive real property tract in Monmouth County.
- Representation of a property holder in central New Jersey in connection with various farmland assessment issues and leasing agreements.
- Representation of a commercial lender in making a series of commercial mortgage loans on industrial/commercial properties to several related entities in central New Jersey, which included various easement, access and environmental issues.
- Representation of a professional group in negotiation of commercial office leases in Essex County.
- Representation of a commercial property manager in numerous issues raised by the acquisition, leasing and operation of a 500,000 square foot warehouse and trucking facility in Northern New Jersey.
- Representation of private entrepreneurs in the acquisition of numerous commercial investment properties in New Jersey and New York City.
- Representation of a limited partnership in acquisition of garden apartment complex in Essex County, New Jersey.
- Representation of a developer in redevelopment of a multi-family apartment property in Hudson County, New Jersey including municipal approvals, construction contracts and leasing issues.
- Representation of a property developer in drafting and negotiation of complex easements required in connection with the sales of numerous tax parcels.
- Representation of a hotel developer in obtaining of required governmental approvals for the construction of a hotel facility in northern New Jersey.
- Representation of a governmental entity in the drafting and negotiation of numerous complex access easements in connection with a large major subdivision in central New Jersey.
- Representation of a national consumer company in the development of its new corporate headquarters in Middlesex County, New Jersey, including land acquisition, obtaining of land use approvals, drafting and negotiation of construction contracts and resolution of environmental issues.
|Advanced Real Estate Law in New Jersey||National Business Institute, Inc.||1991|
|Mastering Real Estate Titles and Title Insurance in New Jersey||National Business Institute, Inc.||1995, 1996|
Columbia University School of Law (J.D., 1979)
Saint Peter’s College (B.A., summa cum laude, 1976)
- Bar Admissions
- New Jersey (1979)
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey (1979)
- U.S. Tax Court (1981)
- Additional Information
- Member, Zoning Board of Adjustment, Borough of Wood-Ridge, 1977-1980 and Chairman, 1978, 1980
- Member, 1981-1983 and Chairman, 1982, Planning Board, Borough of Wood-Ridge
- Legislative Aide to Assemblyman Louis F. Kosco, 1980-1981