Iva appears on behalf of clients in federal court and before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office’s Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Immediately before coming to Scarinci Hollenbeck, Iva was associated with W.R. Samuels Law, PLLC in New York. Iva’s extensive experience began while living in Europe, where her passion for intellectual property law developed while serving as a general counsel to an advertising agency. Her work centered on legal issues surrounding advertising and media law, copyright clearance, and trademark prosecution. Iva also served as in-house counsel for a major international telecommunications company, gaining valuable experience in complex commercial litigation and mediation.
Iva is a member of the New York City Bar Association where she serves on the Trademarks and Unfair Competition Committee and is a member of the New York Women’s Bar Association where she serves on the Federal Practice Committee.
- University of Zagreb in Croatia
- Benjamin N. Cardozo School of Law
- New York
- New York State Bar Association
- New York City Bar Association Trademarks and Unfair Competition Committee
- New York Women’s Bar Association, Federal Practice Committee
- Croatian-American Bar Association, Vice President