About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 50 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, this role will be responsible for supporting various attorneys in the Public and Education Law section with all administrative aspects of the section specialty.
- Heavy transcription and drafting of correspondence, letters, minutes, pleadings, contracts, and other varied legal documents
- Maintain legal files including the organization, indexing and batestamping of documents in preparation for document production using AdobePro
- Prepare discovery documents and notices of filing including interrogatories, requests for production and admissions
- Prepare expense reports and check requests
- Proofread briefs and other pleadings for pretrial activities to include but not limited to format compliance, client billing statements, Electronic Case Files (ECF) emails and deadlines
- Arrange couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions
- File state and federal court pleadings electronically
- Maintain attorney calendars by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and depositions
- Maintain task lists for attorneys to ensure client guidelines and court-mandated deadlines are followed
- Manage Case Screening / Origination process to include initial conflict check, create and maintain reliable and accurate filing system for electronic documents and locating process services/Sheriff’s Offices nationwide
- Organize client conferences and attorney meetings
- Schedule hearings with judicial assistants to include contact with opposing counsel, court reporter and preparing notice
- Attorney time entry input into WebView
Education and Required Skills:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years law firm experience
- Legal Secretary experience in Public and Education Law preferred
- Effective time management skills
- Ability to function well in a fast-paced, high demand environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Superb organizational skills
- Strong technical understanding of Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe Pro (or similar software) for organization and bookmarking of legal records
- Strong attention to detail to ensure accuracy and efficiency in task completion
- Capable of maintaining confidentiality, exercising discretion and good judgement
- In office work at the Little Falls, NJ location.
- Full-time, non-exempt, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. (one hour lunch).
- Overtime (over 40 hours) may be required from time to time.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume through our career portal or sent to email@example.com.