About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 50 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
Reporting to the Legal Paraprofessionals Manager, this role will be responsible for supporting 4 – 6 various attorneys with all administrative aspects of their business needs as well as for greeting, assisting, and providing direction and information to clients, visitors, and other guests of the Firm.
- Arrange couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions.
- Attend incoming phone calls on behalf of assigned attorneys and answer, screen, and determine the nature of main office line calls and direct them to the proper staff member; take messages as needed.
- Coordinate, schedule, and confirm all conference room and office requests as requested in a timely manner onsite as needed.
- Greet all clients, visitors, and guests in a friendly and professional manner; determine the purpose of each person’s visit and direct or escort them to the appropriate location.
- Initiate opening of new files and closing of complete ones per attorney direction in compliance with firm policies and procedures.
- Receive mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and deliver or distribute items.
- A liaison between the Business Management department, vendors visiting the firm, and building maintenance and security departments as needed.
- Provide administrative support of general office duties such as printing, scanning, copying, and compiling exhibits for several attorneys and accurately file legal documents both physically and electronically.
- Accurately proofread, edit, and prepare legal documents and notices, and update transactional documents and/or other legal documents with the most recently negotiated language as assigned by attorneys.
- Maintain attorney calendars by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and depositions, closings, and meetings for attorneys and other legal staff; schedule hearings with judicial assistants to include contact with opposing counsel, court reporter and prepare notice.
- File all state and federal court pleadings electronically as assigned by attorneys.
- Maintain task lists for attorneys to ensure client guidelines and court-mandated deadlines are followed.
- Manage Case Screening / Origination process to include initial conflict check in collaboration with the Records Department, create and maintain reliable and accurate filing system for electronic documents.
- Prepare expense reports and check requests as needed.
- Update contact information for attorneys.
- Input Partners’ time into WebView as requested.
- Perform other administrative duties and clerical support tasks as assigned.
Education and Required Skills:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimum 2+ years law firm experience.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment and multi-task.
- Effective time management skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- Proficient understanding of legal terminology and principles, research methods, court processes.
- Strong attention to detail particularly in proofreading.
- Strong technology skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, E-Discovery, Metastorm, NetDocuments, Elite, WebView.
- National Association of Professional Receptionists or reception training preferred.
- Notary preferred.
- In office work at the Red Bank, NJ location.
- Full-time, non-exempt, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. (one hour lunch).
- Overtime (over 40 hours) may be required from time to time.
- Compensation range $60,000 – $70,000.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume through our career portal or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.