About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 50 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
Reporting to the Legal Paraprofessionals Manager, this role will be responsible for supporting various attorneys in either the Intellectual Property or Public and Education Law sections with all administrative aspects of the section specialty.
- Provides administrative support of general office duties such as printing, scanning, copying, and compiling exhibits for several attorneys and accurately files legal documents both physically and electronically.
- Attends to incoming phone calls on behalf of assigned attorneys.
- Initiates opening of new files and closing of complete ones per attorney direction.
- Arranges couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions.
- Attends and takes notes at meetings.
- Drafts correspondence, minutes, pleadings, contracts and varied other documents.
- Files all state and federal court pleadings electronically.
- Maintains attorney calendars by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and depositions, closings, and meetings for attorneys and other legal staff; schedules hearings with judicial assistants to include contact with opposing counsel, court reporter and preparing notice.
- Maintains task lists for attorneys to ensure client guidelines and court-mandated deadlines are followed.
- Manages Case Screening / Origination process to include initial conflict check in collaboration with the Records Department, creates and maintains reliable and accurate filing system for electronic documents.
- Organizes and manages client conferences and attorney meetings onsite as needed.
- Prepares discovery documents and notices of filing including interrogatories, requests for production and admissions per attorney’s direction.
- Prepares expense reports and check requests as needed.
- Proofreads briefs and other pleadings for pretrial activities to include but not limited to format compliance, client billing statements, Electronic Case Files (ECF) emails and deadlines.
- Updates contact information for attorneys.
- Inputs Partners’ time into WebView as requested.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Required Skills:
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years law firm experience.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and to exercise discretion and good judgement.
- Effective time management skills and excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient understanding of legal terminology and principles, research methods, court processes.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail particularly in proofreading.
- Strong technology skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite.
- In office work at the Little Falls, NJ location.
- Full-time, non-exempt, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. (one hour lunch).
- Overtime (over 40 hours) may be required from time to time.
- Compensation range $60,000 – $70,000.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Submit resume through our career portal or send to firstname.lastname@example.org.