About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 50 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
Reporting to the Intellectual Property Partner, this role will be responsible for researching, drafting, and providing support for the practice group with a variety of high-profile clients, notably musicians, recording artists, producers, and well-known music instrument corporations.
- Advise supervising attorneys on trademark availability for use and registration.
- Communicate with attorneys, paralegals, and clients to ensure cases are handled efficiently.
- Conduct legal research, prepare for, and attend meetings and/or other legal proceedings with senior attorneys.
- Devise and execute trademark, copyright, and other IP law litigation strategy; perform prelitigation analysis; write pleadings; manage discovery; draft settlement agreements, motions and legal memoranda.
- Enforce clients’ IP on domestic and international selling platforms.
- Maintain client files in an organized fashion to ensure up-to-date information is handy for other attorneys, paralegals, and support staff.
- Prepare and file applications to register trademarks and patents with the United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO), including international registrations.
- Prepare applications for the supervising attorney with the USPTO, including drafting descriptions of goods and services, responding to Office Actions, preparing Statements of Use, and maintaining and policing client’s registrations.
- Represent clients in opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB).
- Use strong understanding of USPTO and Trademark Manual of Examining Procedure (TMEP) and all rules and regulations thereto appropriately in daily work.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education and Required Skills:
- Admitted to practice law in the state of New Jersey required.
- Admitted to practice in law in the state of New York a plus.
- 1-3 years’ experience in trademark and copyright minimum.
- Knowledge of the music instrument business strongly favored.
- Exposure to entertainment-oriented practice is a plus.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize and prepare high quality documents as requested
- Ability to organize workflow and use time efficiently
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands.
- Ability to show strong attention to detail, as well as strength in proofreading
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable computer programs (Lexis, Westlaw, Microsoft Office Suite).
- Excellent legal research, writing, and presentation skills, and high professional standards
- Strong ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
- TTAB experience, and federal court litigation experience a plus.
- Uses the utmost discretion regarding sensitive company and confidential client information.
- Working knowledge of USPTO and TMEP.
- Full-time, exempt
- Onsite five days a week in our Little Falls, NJ office location.
- Lockstep salary range $80,000 – $90,000
- Salary based on years’ experience
We offer benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), onsite fitness center, plus the potential for commission.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Resume, cover letter, and a writing sample can be submitted through our career portal or sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.