Reporting to the Legal Paraprofessionals Manager, this role will be responsible for executive level administrative support to the Managing Partner, as well as, supporting 3-5 attorneys in the Business Law and Litigation section with all administrative aspects of the section specialty.
- Provide administrative support of general office duties such as printing, scanning, copying, and compiling exhibits for several attorneys and accurately files legal documents both physically and electronically.
- Coordinates complex travel arrangements for executives ensuring that all necessary files, materials, and supplies are assembled and itinerary prepared.
- Coordinates special event planning, ensuring leadership is prepared through data compilation, reports, statistical analysis, and other information and materials.
- Initiates routine and non-routine correspondence and other written materials under own signature or for signature of the Executive.
- Interprets requests, supports implementation based on directives, and uses judgment to ascertain whether Managing Partner(s) should be notified of important or emergency matters. Unique situations will require a tailored approach and sound judgment.
- Manages the calendaring to include making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters, exercising considerable discretion and judgment as to priorities and effective use of time.
- Prepares agendas, presentations, and other materials to support all meetings facilitated by the Managing Partner(s)/Attorneys.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Records meeting details and/or minutes as needed, disseminates as appropriate.
- Responsible for event management and logistics related to senior management for on-site and off-site meetings as requested, including document and itinerary preparation, coordinating location/venue booking, catering, setting up and breaking down after the meeting.
- Synthesizes high-level summaries from multiple sources, including articles, blogs, webinars, and meeting notes, for ease of understanding in a precise and concise manner.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Executives.
- Attend to incoming phone calls on behalf of assigned attorneys.
- Initiate opening of new files and closing of complete ones per attorney direction.
- Arrange couriers, court reporters, expert witnesses, and other special functions.
- Maintain attorney calendars by planning and scheduling conferences, teleconferences, and depositions, closings, and meetings for attorneys and other legal staff; schedules hearings with judicial assistants to include contact with opposing counsel, court reporter and preparing notice.
- Maintain task lists for attorneys to ensure client guidelines and court-mandated deadlines are followed.
- Manage Case Screening / Origination process to include initial conflict check in collaboration with the Records Department, create and maintain reliable and accurate filing system for electronic documents.
- Proofread briefs and other pleadings for pretrial activities to include but not limited to format compliance, client billing statements, Electronic Case Files (ECF) emails and deadlines.
- Input Partners’ time into WebView as requested.
Education and Required Skills
- Associate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 1-2 years law firm experience
- Ability to function well in a high-paced environment
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information and to exercise discretion and good judgement
- Effective time management skills and excellent organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficient understanding of legal terminology and principles, research methods, court processes
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail particularly in proofreading
- Strong technology skills and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
- In office work at the New York, NY location
- Full-time, non-exempt, Monday to Friday 9:00 a.m. – 5 p.m. (one hour lunch)
- Overtime (over 40 hours) may be required from time to time
- Compensation range $65,000 – $75,000
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Submit resume through our career portal or send to firstname.lastname@example.org
About Scarinci Hollenbeck
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 60 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.