Human Resources Assistant
Our commitment to diversity and equal opportunity enables Scarinci Hollenbeck to recruit, retain, and promote the best attorneys.
The Human Resources Assistant aids with and facilitates the administrative human capital management processes at all business locations. This role provides administrative support to the Director, Human Capital as needed, including record-keeping, file maintenance and HRIS entry. The HR Assistant will process semi-monthly payroll and maintain employee time records.
- Administers health and welfare plans, including enrollments, changes and terminations. Processes required documents through payroll and insurance providers to ensure accurate record-keeping and proper deductions.
- Performs customer service functions by answering employee requests and questions.
- Completes Forms I-9, verifies I-9 documentation and maintains I-9 files.
- Submits online investigation requests and assists with new-employee background checks.
- Reconciles benefits statements.
- Conducts audits of payroll, benefits or other HR programs and recommends corrective action.
- Schedules meetings and interviews as requested by the Director of Human Capital Management
- Makes photocopies; mails, scans and emails documents; and performs other clerical functions.
- Files documents into appropriate employee files.
- Enters, maintains, and/or processes information in the payroll system; information may include employee’s hourly rates, salaries, commissions, bonuses or other compensation, time worked, paid leave and holidays, deductions and withholding, address changes, and other information.
- Ensures proper processing of payroll deductions for taxes, benefits, charitable contributions, and other deductions.
- Issues, or reissues, physical or replacement checks or direct deposits due to payroll errors or final discharge.
- Records and processes federal and state payroll tax deposits.
- Assists with processing of terminations.
- Assists with the preparation of the performance review process.
- Assists with the scheduling of training.
- Assists with recruitment and interview process. Tracks status of candidates in HRIS and responds with follow-up letters at the end of the recruiting process.
- Assists or prepares correspondence as requested.
- Prepares new-employee files.
- Performs other related duties as assigned
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources or related field and/or equivalent experience.
- At least two years related experience required.
- SHRM-CP credential preferred.
- Prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran, or disability status.
Please upload your resume and cover letter in fields below and disregard the transcript and writing sample fields. Any issues, please email Peter Moeller at firstname.lastname@example.org.