Scarinci Hollenbeck is searching for a full-time Corporate Paralegal with 1-2 years’ experience to support the firm's Lyndhurst, NJ office.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is searching for a Corporate Paralegal with 1-2 years’ experience. Should have e-filing experience, strong multitasking skills, advanced MS Office suite and prior law firm experience. The Paralegal will assist three or more attorney(s) in the Corporate Transactions and Business Law and Real Estate section by providing clerical and research support services including document preparation and review; interviewing clients and witnesses; research, investigations, and fact-checking; and trial preparation.
About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
With a growing practice of more than 60 experienced attorneys, Scarinci Hollenbeck is a regional alternative to a National 250 law firm. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
- Meets with attorneys, clients, and other professionals to discuss assigned cases or projects.
- Drafts, edits and prepares voluminous legal documents coordinated between multiple attorneys including routine pleadings and motions, affidavits, and interrogatories, files motions and pleadings according to judicial procedures.
- Researches and analyzes statutes, regulations, legal articles, judicial decisions, and other legal sources; provides written analysis to attorneys.
- Interviews clients and witnesses and prepares summaries of their statements.
- Prepares, organizes, stores, and retrieves case files, which may include evidence, exhibits, depositions, pleadings, exhibits, and other items.
- Assists attorneys with trial preparation, which may include attending trials and hearings.
- Develops and maintains records regarding billable hours spent on specific cases.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
The following are competencies required to be successful in this position:
- Effective Communication (Written and Verbal): The ability to communicate clearly and coherently, interpreting information and adapting communication to suit particular situations and audience needs.
- Superior Multi-Tasking: The ability to manage multiple responsibilities at once by focusing on one task while keeping track of others through organization, prioritization and scheduling.
- Detail-Oriented: The ability to develop and apply comprehensive planning and organizing strategies to ensure projects are appropriately prioritized and resources are used effectively and efficiently.
- Technical Skills/Learning: The ability to quickly learn and integrate new technical skills and knowledge; seeks out avenues to enhance technical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Understanding of legal language and principles, research methods, court pleadings and processes, and other related matters.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, and to exercise discretion and good judgment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
- Associate degree in Paralegal Studies or related field required, Bachelor’s degree in Paralegal Studies or related field preferred.
- Paralegal certificate required.
- 1-2 years related experience required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
- Full-time, Monday to Friday 9 a.m. – 5 p.m. (one hour lunch)
- Overtime work may be required from time to time.
- Lyndhurst, NJ office
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an equal opportunity employer. It is Scarinci Hollenbeck’s policy to consider all applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications for the job without regard to race, color, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, age, religion, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, disability, atypical hereditary cellular or blood trait, arrest record, liability for service in the armed forces of the United States or unfavorable military discharge.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to send their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.