About Scarinci Hollenbeck:
Scarinci Hollenbeck is a growing practice of over 55 experienced attorneys. We serve the niche practice areas most often required by the owners and leaders of corporations. We offer a full range of services and have developed our business law practice with the expertise and specialization necessary to serve our clients as they adapt to the shifting economic landscape.
Reporting to the Partner/Section Chiefs in various practice areas including Education Law, Litigation, Employment Law, Intellectual Property Law, Business Law and Land Use Law. This role will be responsible to provide professional legal counsel and representation for municipalities, Board of Education, Superintendent, staff on school matters, corporations, and private businesses
Education and Required Skills:
- Admitted to practice law in the state of New Jersey
- Admitted to practice Law in the State of New York a Plus
- 1-3 years’ legal experience as an attorney
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, and prepare documents as requested
- Ability to organize workflow and use time efficiently
- Ability to perform at high levels in a fast-paced, ever-changing work environment and successfully adapt to changing priorities and work demands
- Ability to show strong attention to detail, as well as strength in proofreading
- Demonstrate proficiency in applicable computer programs (Lexis, Westlaw, Microsoft Office Suite)
- Excellent legal research, writing, and presentation skills, and high professional standards
- Uses the utmost discretion regarding sensitive company and confidential client information
Public and Education support:
- Arbitrate labor disputes and defend civil suits
- Depending on experience, participate in advising and counseling school district administrators
- Research and prepare formal and informal memoranda on education and municipal issues, pleadings, trial and appellate briefs, resolutions, legal and general correspondence for the signature of the Superintendent, or other administrators in the District
- Render appropriate day-to-day oral and written legal advice to District administrators and board members
- Support attorneys in preparing for hearings including witness preparation, preparing student records requests, review documents, and preparing settlement agreements
Intellectual Property support:
- 1-3 years’ experience in trademark and copyright
- Knowledge of United States Patent and Trademark Office (USPTO) and Trademark Trial and Appeal Board (TTAB)
- Exposure to Entertainment, music, and technology industries strongly favored
- Prepared to work both independently and collaboratively
- Full-time, exempt
- Hybrid work Office location in Little Falls, NJ.
- Lockstep salary range $80,000 – $90,000
- Salary based on years’
We offer a competitive salary, and benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision insurance, 401(k), onsite fitness center, plus the potential for commission.
Scarinci Hollenbeck is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.
Resume, cover letter, and a writing sample can be submitted through our career portal or sent to Peter Moeller at email@example.com