Joseph H. Tringali is a seasoned litigator and trial attorney with experience in all facets of litigation, in a variety of forums, including federal and state trial courts, where he has represented Corporations, individuals, health care providers and public sector clients. Known for his results-driven approach to litigation, he frequently counsels businesses and individuals who are involved in criminal investigations.
Immediately prior to joining Scarinci Hollenbeck, Mr. Tringali was a Partner at a well-known Newark, New Jersey law firm, where he devoted his practice to commercial litigation, white collar criminal defense, bankruptcy, environmental litigation and employment law. Mr. Tringali also has a wealth of experience in several other areas of litigation. Among his career experiences, Tringali served as counsel to a Court-appointed Site Administrator responsible for clean-up of contaminated sites in Hudson County, New Jersey; represented a designated redeveloper in a complex environmental litigation; assisted Chapter 7 bankruptcy trustees with liquidation of assets; defended individuals in federal and state criminal matters; and counseled individuals and businesses involved in government investigations. In addition, he has assisted clients undergoing Internal Revenue Service and United States Attorney’s Office inquiries.
He has also played an integral role in a number of high profile matters including:
- Successfully litigating a matter through trial in Nassau County, New York wherein a son prevented his sister from transferring his elderly mother to the State of Washington to continue his mother’s care, and successfully prevented his sister from being appointed special needs and personal needs guardian for his mother. Thereafter, representing the same individual in Union County probate litigation
- Successfully representing individual in an assault with a deadly weapon case in Bergen County, New Jersey
- Successfully representing individual in assault against a police officer case in Morris County, New Jersey
- Successfully representing client who could have faced a vehicular homicide allegation in Morris County, New Jersey
- Successfully representing client in Union County, New Jersey domestic violence matter who was accused of harassment
- Representing clients in the adult entertainment industry who were being investigated by the Internal Revenue Service, criminal division
- Frequently representing bankruptcy Trustees with liquidation of assets, and interacted with municipal agencies to effectuate the sale and transfer of liquor licenses.
Mr. Tringali is admitted to practice law in New Jersey, New York, Florida, and the United States Court of Appeals for the Second and Third Circuits, the United States District Court for the District of New Jersey, the Southern District of New York and the Eastern District of New York.
Mr. Tringali was recognized as a New Leader of the Bar (formerly 40 Under 40) by the New Jersey Law Journal in 2016 *, and has been selected for inclusion in New Jersey Super Lawyers Rising Stars, issued by Thomson Reuters, for 2011-2013**
* For information on the New Jersey Law Journal’s “New Leaders of the Bar” (formerly “40 Under 40”) selection process, go to New Leaders of the Bar Selection Process ** The Rising Stars list is issued by Thomson Reuters. A description of the selection methodology can be found at http://www.superlawyers.com/about/selection_process.html.
Counsel to a designated redeveloper who filed a CERCLA and Spill Act litigation against a responsible party in New Jersey District Court.
Acted as pre-transition and transition counsel to a Hudson County condominium association.
Counsel in an oppressed minority shareholder litigation wherein a client successfully bought out shares of the company to resolve a pending dispute.
Counsel to Florida litigants in an SDNY diversity matter wherein decedent husband failed to maintain life insurance policies set forth in a matrimonial settlement agreement in favor of his ex-spouse and children and he instead maintained a newly acquired policy
- Seton Hall University (JD, 2007)
- Amherst College (BA, 2004)
- New Jersey
- New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- United States Court of Appeals, Third Circuit
- Association of the Federal Bar of New Jersey
- Florida and New York State Bar Associations